Sunday, May 13, 2007

it must suck having me as a mom

the phone convo:

me: hey, kid...you want a canvas bag to tie dye at camp?
her: yeah, can you get me a green wig and wings, too?
me: when do you need it?
her: tomorrow.

um, no.

the poem she's going to recite tomorrow IN FRONT OF HER ENTIRE CLASS, that she needs said items for:

I'm Glad I'm Me
I don't understand why everyone stares
when I take off my clothes and run down the stairs
or when I stick carrots in both of my ears,
then dye my hair green and go shopping at Sears.

I just love to dress up and do goofy things.
If I were an angel I'd tie dye my wings!
Why can't folks accept me the way that I am?
So what if I'm different and don't act like them?

I'm not going to change and be someone I'm not.
I like who I am, and I'm all that I've got!


the end result of the artist hub and I's combined efforts:




hurry, cookie! to the produce section!!!

is that a carrot in your ear or are you just happy to see me?

end result of tomorrow for teh kid:

ridicule, humiliation and torment.

heeeeeeeeeeeeehehehehehehe

I LOVE being a parent.

1 comment:

Your Friendly Neighborhood HR Dude said...

so funny.

i hate carrots, I bet they taste better in your ears than you mouth for sure.