Saturday, May 26, 2007

man, did I drop the ball

not sure if you picked up on my overly-guilt laden under-tone (hehe that made me giggle) in the last post about not seeing the kid enough.

if not...feast your eyes on this post.

I completely and totally dropped the ball with her. not only did I forget what time she was supposed to be picked up from camp yesterday (and where) sending the husband on a forty-five minute wild goose chase while I played with OTHER PEOPLE'S kids...

but I didn't get up for her send-off wednesday morning, didn't redress her seeping wound on her shoulder, didn't send her with a tube of antibiotic ointment and strict instructions...

and didn't check it last night when I got home.

first thing I see this morning upon going in to wake her up for my let's-get-rid-of-mommy's-guilt-by-going-out-for-pancakes-breakfast was her pussy, WILDLY infected shoulder.

we're on our way to the doctor's office now where I will INSIST on a culture before letting them hop her up on antibiotics. where they'll refuse. and where we'll leave with a prescription for whatever the fuck them tell me to give her.

goddamn working is hard. this is just yet another example of how I just can't seem to fit more than one priority on my list. I know I've been busting my ass lately (at least for me, anyway)...but that shouldn't mean that I should be so NON present that something like this goes on undetected by me.

I trust and love my husband...but he's not a mommy.
I trust and respect her teachers...but they're not her mommy.
I even trust and love (cough, cough) her father...but he still isn't me.

EVERY time I feel I drop my guard and give her space...something comes up. I don't think that this cut got infected because I stopped caring about it...

but it sure feels that way.

[/continue guilt]

2 comments:

davidarmor said...

I, too, was worried about a pussing infection located near my neck until someone informed me that it was just my head.

I'm sure you'll make it up to the kiddo come summer time!

Suki said...

summer scares me.

like a hungry dog I get cranky in the heat.

hopefully I don't bite.