Sunday, April 13, 2008

and your little dog, too.

vicious. very very vicious.


we took the mutts out to the marsh yesterday for a little r&r.


mishaps, ensued.


The Great Nandino pulled one of his infamous disappearing acts. well, it was his first, and there wasn't anything particularly infamous about it...but I sat on the shore waiting with Cookie (the good dog) listening to oq crash through the woods, cussing up a storm, trying to catch the little shit.


then they got too far away for me to hear. I started to believe that we might be going home with just one dog. oddly enough, I wasn't particularly upset.


I guess I knew the little fucker would come back.



and so he did.


oqui was covered in scratches, brambles and bruises and SOOO not in a good mood when they returned...but, thankfully both my boys came back.


Cookie seemed unimpressed...


this is a hedgehog, but it was in with the dog pictures.

and was also not yet over her near-drowning incident of a week ago (that's when both the dogs swam out TIED TOGETHER to get a piece of driftwood and, of course, ended up getting stuck on it. needless to say, an unhappy suki had to roll up her pants, wade out and free the flailing beasts before they drowned. can anyone say amebic dystentary? that water was GROSS!)


anyway...the dog has a nice long memory and REFUSED to go out far enough into the water to actually swim. she loves to play fetch. you can throw a stick into the water a zillion times and she will willingly bound after each and every one...


and go out only as far as she can walk...and come back empty jawed.


we took pity on the mutt and started tossing it about ten feet out to give her a sense of accomplishment. she's so cute when she's happy.

I am tipsy as fiz-nuzzle here


near-drowning incident aside, our very best misadventure occurred as soon as we pulled in. I always keep the dogs on lead. even if their leashes are just binered together and they're dragging them...I've always got a handle on 'em (unless, of course, Nandie is taking off Into the Wild...in which case the most menacing thing about him is his ability to completely ignore you).


other people don't.


as soon as my guys jumped out of the car...some little rat shit terrier comes tearing across the field to get at 'em.


the woman chasing it was screaming hysterically. her husband was yelling something (not very nice) about pitbulls...and I very calmly lifted their leash and said, "don't worry. they're friendly"


her little piece of shit wasn't.


this 18 pound sack of bullshit ran right up among my two WAY bigger (not to mention STRONGER) dogs...and their two way-aggressive owners...and promptly attacked my cookie.


at first I kinda laughed. this thing was all fuzz and fury and was doing a pretty spectacular grizzly bear imitation...then I realized:


uh oh. it might actually hurt her.


my 75 lb, uber scary, frightens children and their parents, beast of a pitbull did absolutely nothing. my other one...did the same.


GOOD DOGS.


oqui and I, however, were both trying our damnedest to punt the little fuck who was attacking them.


it finally caught our drift and backed off a bit...only to make another run at my dogs.


I very calmly said, "you're quite the little fucker, aren't ya?"


oqui...went off.


"lady, I'm gonna kill your fucking dog! get that thing outta here...leash...fuck...kill...fucker...punt...ass..."


I was like...oq, settle down. she's not hurt.


at which point the rat-dog's owner felt it necessary to add, "well...I TOLD you he was mean."


ohmymotherfuckinggod.


I simply stated that if OUR dogs were also mean...she'd be taking home a ball of bloody fur and she should be thankful that at least SOMEONE had leashes on their pets.


she persisted.


I told her that informing someone post attack that your dog is unfriendly does not excuse it and asked her to kindly remove her pet from my kicking range.


oqui...well, he went off, again.


I'm not sure exactly what he said, but I can say for certain that the phrase, "look! I have anger management issues!!!" escaped his lips.


ha! no shit.


soo...he's working on his blood pressure and I'm training cookie to attack rat dogs on sight...


ya know...just in case.

pitbulls make great pets.

1 comment:

Darling And So Charming said...

I fuckin HATE people with little dogs. Harsh maybe but.. it takes a certain kinda person to own one. Based on my oh so informal field interviews/lifetime of observation...they SUCK. And the owners possess dire personality disorders which perfectly complement their little furball shits.

Anyway.

I love most dogs in general but am REALLY angry with these fuckers who don't leash. Forget etiquette for a minute. How about avoiding I dunno, rounding the corner and meeting a hungry Mastiff? Or pits who are sweet rescues but um, might have been rescued from fighting rings (stranger things have happened) and seeing a charging furball said pit might have a flashback and ya know, fight back (cross...fingers..)

Comes down to an utter lack of respect. Many people in public places now do not care or simply do not know they need to use rules to ensure order. Safety. Take care of business and just follow the fucking rules and leash the fuckers. How hard is it? I am really touchy about this and I don't ev en have a dog anymore. I do however hike this one trail every day and am tired of the fat fucks who let their dogs charge and go nuts as they saunter along in their fat people elastic "Workout gear" Yeah, sure it is! One dog almost knocked me over into a crag as I was politely moving away from the mouthbreather owners who were assine to also walk 3 across completely blocking the path. Once they passed me, as I winced from reinjuring my ankle dodging their cur - I stopped and delicately removed my ipod phones and YELLED *
*What the FUCK! LEASH THAT DOG GODDAMN YOU!" Then kept on my way muttering and grumbling. Didn't even bother to turn to see their reaction and put my phones back on and didn't much care. I like to call it my 'Falling Down' moments..
(rent that movie it's so funny when it isn't supposed to be..) Told Brian when I got home and he just said "Whoa, you're harsh".

I think it's priceless Oq went nuts and you were chill considering you are the one with surging hormones. He's getting it by proxy I think. Yall make a good team and this story kinda proves it.

LA de daaaaa