Friday, March 14, 2008

morning...not so much sickness...

10:30

shivering. coollllllllldddd. "oqui, can you get us some water?"
is tap ok?
no. the chlorine smell makes me gag. can you go get the pitcher.

he grumbles. he's tired. doesn't wanna go downstairs.

"I'd get it myself...but it's freezing down there"

bundled in comforters, shivering, praying for warmth.


3:30 am

I find it. wide awake. sweating like the devil. tossing, turning and otherwise NOT sleeping...again.

oy.

3:31 am

waaaaaaaay too hot. lose the socks and sleeves and try to wake the 'pah up to suffer with me. he's tired and rolls over to offer comfort...instead he brings heat. I love ya, baby...but you gotta get the hell away from me. my skin is melting.

3:32

can't stand this anymore. I'm being incinerated. I walk sans socks downstairs and stand in the open fridge doorway. I grab a banana for when my tummy feels yicky later (that's around 4:30 these days) and put my face against the cold fridge door.

I decide that peeing might help and plant my bare bum on the frigid seat. SPLENDID. (bear in mind that I will normally either hold it all night, hover, wait til someone else warms it or take a hairdryer to the seat to avoid cold shock to my ass)

3:34

back in bed. ugh. my belly hurts.

NO.

mind over matter. cuddle up with the 'pah. convince myself that his heat is healing and try my hardest to give him my chills and yicky belly.

^ nice of me, eh? just trying to let a honkie share in the experience, is all.

3:45

still awake. freezing, again. socks and sleeves back on.

4:10

awake

4:30

awake

4:45

awake and nauseous. banana time

5:30

awake, nauseous and irritated

5:31

sleeping like a baby.

aaaaaaahhh.

1 comment:

Oak said...

3:31 am

why is she talking to me like it's the middle of the day? She's wide awake...it's okay come here...gets pushed away, too hot...okay

3:32 am

Bed shakes as layers are pulled off, she's speaks at a volume meant to inform the neighbors of her extreme discomfort then heads off to pee and go downstairs for something...ah maybe I can get back to sleep.

3:34 am
Nope she's back and wants to have a conversation, okay at least she cooled off and wants to cuddle.

3:34.5 am

Cookie 'starts' licking parts of her body which is enough to keep me from getting back to sleep. I pet her and tell her to stop.

3:35 am

She's still licking, Suki says let me handle this and yells at the dog over my head. (was it really that loud?)

4:25 am

Alarms start

5:00 am
"Shut the fuck up!, no not you, the alarm"

5:31 am
Leave for work.