Saturday, July 14, 2007

the "d" word

asked the husband for a divorce last night.

he agreed.

I thought this would be harder. I thought there'd be more tears...maybe a fight...possibly a shooting (kidding. he uses swords). nothing.

amicable as can be.

I guess it was just time, and we both knew it. we've worked out everything but the dogs. next week we start getting the house ready to sell (it's gorgeous, by the way...I'll give you a good price). he keeps the stereo. I get some artwork.

I know its too early in the game to say this is too easy...but it could certainly be harder.

I still love him tons...enough to let him be happy. this guy is so fucking great he even worked a budget for me to make sure I can do it on my own. agreed to pay the bills until I remember (learn?) how.

he's gonna be an artist, again. I'm gonna be a rock climber.

I think this is a good thing.

I think we'll stay friends.

8 comments:

Frank Brigandi said...

what size jersey do you wear?

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! This isn't a dress rehearsal so you want to be happy!
Rachael.

samantha said...

divorce is hard even when it is easy. I look at me and Jeff and we are so much better off without being in each other's lives, yet we are still such good friends. I wish that for you.

Kristibelle said...

Wishing you the best--keep following your bliss and climbing the earth :)

Your Friendly Neighborhood HR Dude said...

wow. that sucks.

I am very sorry. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, much less someone who I am a big fan of.

didn't expect that this morning as I read along...

god speed

respect
fm

Keith said...

I've asked m'wife for a divorce several hundred times. She keeps saying "no". Dammit!

megA said...

hey--

i'm coming in a bit late on this. . .

don't know if sorry is the right word b/c it is probably a good thing, so i have empathy for your situation. my divorce went well after i got the d-word off my chest. we were the best of friends. . .things got shitty as we packed the house--the big things were easy to split, it was the little things that got shitty. anyway--i hope it all goes as smoothly as possible, and that you both move forward positively.

bah. i suck at awkward blog comments. . .

xo
m

danger monkey said...

I'm so sorry. I know this will be tough. Even though it seems easy now. You're in my thoughts.