Monday, July 23, 2007

jim thorpe

I had a totally amazing weekend. spent some much needed time with the kid...and in the woods.

picking her up saturday she was all sprinkles, ice cream cones, slip n' slides, gold earrings and her new cell phone...

by sunday afternoon she was swimming in the lake, antiquing and in soulful woman training.

such an amazing and adaptable child. so much like me...so incredibly different. she's one of those rare people who has the ability to take the BEST from all those surrounding her while systematically discarding the negative (minus the nail biting) without judgement.

without judgement. such a simple concept...

I learned alot from my child this weekend.

4 comments:

Kim said...

My very first mountain bike ride was along the Glenonoco trail up there...4 years ago (which seems like an eternity now). I wore hiking boots (I know) and my dad put flat pedals on his Bontrager for me...I crossed a knee-deep stream and felt like such a bad-ass. The views were incredible, the ride was a blast...I need to go back!

Keith said...

She gots husself a cool-ass momma, too...

Anonymous said...

Hey. Next Sunday is no-go for me and Trav. We're gonna be here.

Anonymous said...

Hi. glad to see you've been having some fun despite what's going on in your life. i'm happy that you are taking charge of your life and you've found someone who's going to be there for you.